Let me introduce you to this new feature of Mac, Automator. Automator will do repetitive tasks for you. However, here I will show you how Automator will work in sync with preview.
Let’s say you’ve this photo of fish..
You want to scale it down and apply photo effect, so that your photo looks more artistic. Therefore, you should do these steps :
1. Trigger on your QuickSilver and key in automator to open your Automator.app (or you can access directly to your Application folder using your mouse – slower).
2. You should see something like this
3. Then go under Preview Tab in the sidebar
4. Drag and Drop photo you want to edit into the right-most box. I call it Action box
5. Then search for action script that can perform Scale Images for you. Here it is.
6. Drag and Drop it to your action box, under your photo then insert the size of scaled photo you want, let’s say 400 for width
7. Now you’ve done with your scaling
8. Then you want to add photo effects here, Preview can do some photo effects for you. Go to Apply ColorSync tab.
9. Drag and Drop it to your Action box
10. Choose effect : Profile > Abstract > Blue Tone
11. Now you’ve done with the whole process. Run your actions. Clicking the Run button at top of the box
12. Here is your result
13. There are another photo effects you can apply too
14. Now you can customize your photo as many times as you want
Some articles taken from our resource base, tightly related to current article, to empower you with more knowledge on tweaking the most out of your Mac.